Technical Sales Executive
- Job type: Full time
- Closing date:
- Salary: Dependent on experience
Bia Analytical is a leading UK food authentication testing laboratory based in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Our facilities are housed within the Institute for Global Food Security at Queen’s University Belfast. We have developed industry-leading, cutting-edge food adulteration testing methods that can help protect the entire food supply chain against food fraud and offer reassurance that food products have been tested with the best detection methods possible. Our aim is to become the industry-recognised standard for ensuring food integrity across global supply chains, and to be the future of food quality, authenticity and safety analysis.
The company enjoys a very good reputation for its responsive, consultative sales approach. As an innovative, focused and customer-driven company, we believe our people are what sets us apart and propels our company forward.
We require an enthusiastic sales professional in a predominantly office-based role, reporting to the Head of Sales, or other Senior Manager within Company. This person will promote and sell our products to a host of existing and potential customers, working as part of a team managing a number of allocated customers. We are looking for someone who can deliver a high-quality customer experience. The role entails both commercial and technical aspects of the sales process. This person must have a self-motivated passion for selling, but must also be able to organise and plan the team sales activity and work to agreed targets.
There will be extensive contact with customers, primarily by telephone and e-mail but will involve some customer meetings both in our facility and on-site visits. You will work as a team member with other Technical Sales Executives to manage the Company’s customer base, maximising our sales opportunities therein. You will be qualifying and responding to our sales leads, organising quotations, sales information, demonstrations, samples and evaluations, and recording sales processes.
- Maintain and develop customer sales as part of a team
- Meet agreed sales growth and gross profit targets
- Win purchase orders in line with sales strategy from both existing and new customers
- Be a strong, contributing part of our Sales Driven Culture
- Maintain internal sales processes
- Build and enhance relationships between our customers and our company
- Conduct oneself according to our Company Values
- Maintain and grow our business with our existing major accounts
- Management of new sales leads, including qualification, response, recording and follow up with the objective of securing purchase orders. Working with teammate to coordinate outcomes
- Report to Head of Sales, and collaborate with them to maximise growth
- Assist external Technical Sales Executive in making appointments and meeting the Sales Team targets
- Send quotations, pursuing these to purchase orders
- Liaise with technical colleagues and our Order Fulfilment Team to respond to customer queries
- Use and maintain our CRM system.
- Meet with customers and prospects who visit our Technology Centre, and occasional site visits
- Maximise the opportunities from our existing customer base
- Prospect for new customers within key target growth areas
- Take part in monthly sales meetings
- Negotiate pricing within predetermined parameters as agreed with the Head of Sales, or other Senior Company Manager.
- Report on competitive activity and recommend actions where deemed necessary
- Invoiced sales v. budget
- Purchase orders received
- Gross profit margin attained
- Additional sales to existing customers
- Customer retention
- New customers
- Contact with customers
- Experience – a proven track record in a successful business-to-business sales environment, preferably to manufacturers
- Technical – must have a science qualification, preferably to ‘A’ Level as a minimum. Comprehensive and ongoing product training will be given
- Professional demeanour and attitude, outgoing and friendly
- Organised, focused, sales driven
- Excellent telephone manner – be comfortable using the telephone as a proactive sales tool
- Good computer skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills – to maintain sound relationships with
- customers, sales partners and colleagues
- Earn and maintain mutual respect with fellow employees. Take the initiative in keeping others informed on matters of mutual interest
- Whilst a technical background is required, the most important quality is an ability and willingness to learn about and understand our products
- You should have the confidence to use your own initiative, and to seek out opportunities to improve products, processes and services
- Enjoy working as part of a sales-driven team
- Credibility and reliability – make realistic commitments and live up to them. Meet deadlines
- Resourcefulness – comprehend SME conditions and creative use of resources in an entrepreneurial environment. Maintain contacts within and outside the Company to expeditiously solve problems. Actively seek guidance and information from available sources
- Must have access to own transport and a full, clean UK driving license
The position is normally based at our offices in Belfast, N. Ireland but occasional travel to customers, trade shows & industry functions, or sales partners may be required.
Applications including CVs to: email@example.com